Farmhouse Metal Shelf Brackets
These farmhouse brackets are welded and heated and bent by hand to create the front lip.Since they are hand forged minor variations between brackets are expected.
- 2" Wide x 1/4" thick flat bar
- 1.25" front lip holds wood shelf in place
- Depth of Shelf: let us know your actual shelf depth and we'll add an allowance for the front lip so your shelf fits
- Mounting hardware included - choose flat head screws or hex head lag bolts
- Wax/Oil rub finish: provides some protection from rust in an inside environment
- Brackets are sold individually
For brackets 8" or larger:
• 8" vertical rod - extends 5" below the shelf and 3" above the shelf
For brackets less than 8"
• 6" vertical rod - extends 4" below the shelf and 2" above the shelf
Brackets should be installed into wall studs when mounting. Not mounting correctly could result in failure and damage. If you are unsure of how to properly install them, please consult a contractor. We cannot advise you on installation as each installation is different. While these are 1/4" steel brackets, we cannot advise on a specific load weight given the variety of installation options, board widths, lengths and specific customer usage. Please use good judgment.
BRACKET FINISH: A combination of beeswax and oil is applied and buffed. This finish provides some protection from rust in an inside environment. We recommend you reapply a light coat of wax occasionally to maintain the finish. If a spot of rust develops, simply rub it out with steel wool and apply a coat of clear beeswax, paste wax, linseed oil, tung oil or a product that combines these. Rub with a lint free cloth until no wax or oil comes off.